Contacting the Plan by e-mail does not create a lawyer-client relationship. A person does not become a client unless and until a specific lawyer agrees to act for the person and that representation is confirmed in a retainer agreement or letter. Unless you are an existing client, no information provided to the Plan will be considered confidential. Even if you are an existing client, you should only e-mail your lawyer if there is a prior agreement to do so.
Real estate agents and financial institutions: Do not email documents to these email addresses.
Lawyers and notaries: If you are a lawyer or a Quebec notary and would like information about joining our panel, or if you are an existing Co-operating lawyer or Notary (Quebec) whose address, telephone or other contact information has changed,contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following is a general mailbox only and cannot be used to ask about specific legal problems.
If you need immediate legal assistance, including booking appointments, please call 1-800-268-7573.
For further information about the Plan or if you wish to comment about the Plan, contact us at: email@example.com
We value your opinion and invite you to fill out a Client Satisfaction Survey form, and send it to us.
Staff Offices are law offices owned and operated by the Plan. Eligible Participants who so choose can receive legal services at these locations from Staff Lawyers, who are employed by the Plan. Staff Offices are also the Plan’s Intake Centres. Participants who wish to be informed about their coverage entitlements and to arrange for referral or reimbursement should contact the Staff Offices closest to them (see below). Participants who live elsewhere should contact our Head Office Intake Centre at 1-800-268-7573.
1 St. Clair Avenue East
Fax: (416) 960-8047
23 Regan Road
Fax: (905) 790-2625
700 Dorval Drive
Fax: (905) 842-1389
Oshawa Shopping Centre
Oshawa Executive Tower
419 King Street West
Fax: (905) 433-0641
Fax: (450) 437-4884
St. Catharines Office
55 King Street
St. Catharines, Ontario
Fax: (905) 641-0967
2345 Central Avenue
Fax: (519) 944-5077
Corporate and union sponsors
The Unifor Legal Services Plan is funded by contributions from the Corporate Sponsors listed below. Contributions are based on formulas established during the collective bargaining process. All eligible Plan Participants are active employees or retirees (or their spouses or dependents) of the Sponsoring Companies:
- 3M Canada
- ABB Ltd.
- Accuride Canada Inc.
- BWXT Nuclear Energy Canada Inc.
- CAMI Automotive Inc.
- Camions Montreal
- Continental Automotive Canada
- Durham Region Transit
- FCA Canada Inc.
- Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited
- General Dynamics Land Systems Canada
- General Electric
- General Motors of Canada Limited
- Integram Windsor Seating
- Leadec (CA) Corp.
- Lear Corporation Canada Ltd.
- Mahle Filter Systems Canada
- Mississauga Seating Systems
- PACCAR du Canada Ltée
- PepsiCo Foods Canada Inc.
- Qualtech Seating
- Securitas Canada Limited
- TRW Kelsey-Hayes Canada
- Windsor Modules
These comments are verbatim. If you would like to submit your own comments, please contact us.
Here’s what our Plan Participants are saying…
- We were very satisfied with the service we received from Unifor Legal Services. Everyone we dealt with was helpful, professional and informative. Also, considering the current climate we are in of COVID 19, all precautions were taken and our transaction went through on time as planned. Thank you very much. William Clark (Real Estate - Oshawa)
- We were very impressed by the service we received from the staff at Elliott Law - from the clerical to the lawyers, they were all very friendly and helpful. We would definitely recommend them to everyone. 10 out of 10. Kimberly Elliott and Kady were wonderful. (Real Estate - London)
- I’m glad we were able to use this law office, as it was comforting to have such a competent and caring team on our side at this stressful time moving to a new area. Peter Kazman (Real Estate - Oakville)
- Mr. James McGrath and his staff were very kind and understanding since I had to sign so many papers. My eldest son was there to guide me also since I am now 82 years old. Thank you for hiring Mr. McGrath to help me with so many things. (Real Estate - Cobourg)
- Mr. Stephen Osborne and the entire staff are all very courteous, friendly and professional! You have a great group of people working in the St. Catharines office!!! (Civil Litigation - St. Catharines)
- I was very pleased with the services Paul Steckley provided. I told him he will have my business in the future. He went above and beyond during COVID to help me. His staff was amazing. (Family - Mississauga)
- Working with Janice Carswell through the process of closing on our condo was a great pleasure. She was more than helpful in answering our questions (without hesitation) and helped in relieving our stress level. Very personable, courteous and efficient. William Clark (Real Estate - Oshawa)
- Mr. Mathieu Quesnel went out of his way to complete our home transaction. We were driving across the country when an issue arose. He was on vacation, but still made himself available for us. (Real Estate - Casselman)
- My lawyer and staff went beyond helping me settle my brother’s and mother’s estate. I’m grateful for their compassion and understanding with my loss. Thank you. Ronald Reaume (Wills & Estates - Windsor)
- Both on a personal and social level, I believe he is the best lawyer I have ever met. Alain Turgeon (Family - St. Eustache, QC) (Note: This has been translated from French to English.)
- Peter Kazman made you very comfortable and you feel as if you knew him for a long time, even though it was the first time you met him. (Family - Oakville)
- I felt that everyone treated me with respect and consideration. My case is not over yet. I was contacted quickly and gratefully at every question. I would refer Kathleen Howes or staff for excellence. Thank you. (Consumer/Debtor - Metro)
- Everyone we dealt with was very informative. They all went “over and above”. Very pleased. (Real Estate - Oakville)
- Allyce Mutungi and her staff were very professional in their legal services provided to me over the past 10 years. I would highly recommend her to anyone requiring any of the legal services she provides. (Family - Oshawa)
- Wonderful lawyer… would use her in any situation that came up. Mylene Judith Vicki Charest (Real Estate - Hawkesbury)
- The work and interaction with Sharon Lees was very professional and she made our interaction with Unifor great. William Clark (Estates - Oshawa)
- Program is terrific as an employee going through a rough chapter in my life. So thankful. (Family, Co-operating Lawyer - Windsor)
- It was a pleasure working with all the staff at Unifor. Jonathan Dick was our lawyer and we were very pleased and will ask for him again. (Real Estate - St. Catharines)
- Terrific group, very professional! Ennio Micacchi (Real Estate - Woodstock)
- I was very impressed when I received a call from my lawyer directly when my case was coming to a close and told me what I could do next, and delivered my documents to my house as I couldn’t find time to come in. Arche Palinka (Administrative Law - Oshawa)